Featured Post

Mother of the Year Goes to.... Not Me

Every morning I go to the gym to exercise. I love it because I have a lot of friends there (it's my adult interaction for the day...hahah...but seriously...), endorphins are released, I feel powerful and strong....etc. Fast forward to about 10 minutes after I arrive home.

Kids are fighting over who grabbed the box of cereal first.

Tears are rolling down cheeks from, "Cameron looked at me in a mean way."

Fights are breaking out between who has to be the flippin' monkey in the middle...

You get the idea.

So pretty much all the good I do at 5:30 in the wee early morning hours gets completely undone. (Perhaps I should schedule my workouts to after the kids leave for school instead?)

Anyway, today was no different. The kids actually all got ready on their own really well without any fights. They had a good 20 minutes to kill before we had to leave for school. They decided to play a game (but not the blasted Monkey in the Middle game...No! No! I banned that game [and 'jinx&#…

Heart Attack

Today Cameron wanted to go play with his friends. Our neighborhood here in Providence is fun, and young, and there are tons of friends for him to play with. I agreed and watched him go in the neighbor's house. I went  back inside with Avery, knowing that in about 45 minutes I'd have to go grab him so we could go pick up the girls from school.

The time came to get him, and my neighbor said he wasn't there, but was probably at the Crosby's. I called the Crosby's, to which she responded they were at the McEuen's (the original house I called). When I told both mothers that the kids weren't at any of our houses, we started to panic a little. We immediately started yelling out for our kids, and asking neighbors if they had seen them. I said a quick heartfelt prayer to Heavenly Father, and hoped he was fine, but ready to unleash on him when I found him safe. I about had a heart attack.

Meanwhile, I needed to go pick up my girls from school. I got in the car, and figured I'd look for them on the way out. As I turned the corner of our street, I saw Cameron's bike in front of someone's house. I ran up there, anxious to see if he was there. Thankfully, he was there. Apparently they had all found a new friend, and the mom of this friend didn't think to check with the rest of us moms.

I was so relieved. It's amazing how my emotions go from fear, to panic, to stress, to happiness, to rage....all within a 10 minute lapse. But I promise, those seconds when your child is missing seem like an eternity.

I grabbed him, put him in his carseat, threw his bike in the back of my suburban, and went to pick up the girls. I told him how sad I was that I couldn't find him. (A lot of times Cam goes looking for me in our house when I go upstairs to get ready, and he starts to panic and cry when he can't find me. I explained to him that I felt the same way when I couldn't find him). I began crying, and told him how special he was to me, and how sad I'd be if I never got to hold  him again.

As I gained composure of myself again, I immediately offered a prayer of gratitude. How thankful I am that Heavenly Father protected my son. It's tender mercies like this, that strengthen my testimony.

I like to think that I've come a long way in the last decade or so with my testimony. I know I used to be hotheaded, arrogant, and quick to take offense. I'm thankful I married someone who is patient, and has kindly shown me to to be more Christlike. I still lose my cool some days, but when I look at the overall picture, I've definitely made some improvements.


Popular posts from this blog

Zucchini Bread and a Prompting

Mother of the Year Goes to.... Not Me

Tati's Talk/ Thoughts on "Social Media Fast"